Sunday, January 27, 2008

Why All Are Wonders

This blog is currently dedicated to the proposition that there is more to the universe than we think. A corollary to that proposition is that there is more to us than we think. There are stories about people lifting heavy cars and trucks off of close relatives in life-threatening situations. But what else are we capable of? There's obviously more to life than watching American Idol, but surely as recovering materialists we are aiming at something more than just being normal.

To be honest, I don't know what we'll be able to do or how we will live when our recovery is complete, but I think the Bible provides a hint: "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." (King James Version, John 14:12). Sure, none of us walk on water, but there are some of us who, given the latitude and longitude of an unknown location, can draw an accurate picture of what is there (look up "remote viewing"). There are some us who can walk on coals hot enough to melt aluminum and set fire to shoes. And what about the wiccan who managed to win the lottery twice?

So how do we get there? There are multiple paths, including the mystic and hermetic paths that I mentioned in my last post, and yoga. My feeling is that all of the paths are valid (including not taking any of them; it will just take longer); which path is best for you depends on your background and temperament.

I chose the title "All Are Wonders" for my blog because I believe that all of us are have untold capabilities, once we get rid of our baggage.

No comments: