Saturday, February 28, 2009

Book Review: Astrology for Yourself

I don't normally review books before I finish reading them, but in this case I'm making an exception for two reasons. First, Astrology for Yourself: How to Understand and Interpret Your Own Birth Chart by Douglas Block and Demetra George, is not the kind of book you can just read through in a couple of days. Actually, you could, but you won't get the full benefit unless you work through the exercises. Second, this is the book I wished I had went I started learning astrology: a book that explained everything based on fundamental concepts.

As you may have guessed, Astrology for Yourself is a workbook that takes you through all of the fundamentals of astrology using your own birth chart as an example. I just finished the second chapter. I scanned through the rest of the book and can tell you that by the time you're done with it, you'll have an in-depth interpretation of your chart and will know how to do the same for others.

If you're interested in learning astrology, I would recommend reading this book first and working through the exercises. After you're done, you can read Astrology: A Cosmic Science and/or Astrology for the Light Side of the Brain. Follow those with Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living and Planets in Composite: Analyzing Human Relationships (The Planet Series), and you'll soon be ready to amaze your friends and confound your enemies.

No comments: