Saturday, October 24, 2009

Book Review: You are Psychic

Further on the theme of "living what we've learned," I'd like to offer for your consideration You are Psychic by Debra Lynne Katz. Not because I'd like all of you to become clairvoyant readers, but because nothing cements new information in your head like witnessing a practical demonstration. I've read the book, and tried a couple of the exercises, and it's the Real Deal.

The book starts with the author recounting stories of multiple successful readings, sufficient to convince a firm skeptic that the matter is at least worth looking into, then proceeds with an interesting idea: that everyone has psychic abilities and can be taught how to access them safely. I use the word "safely" because, according to the author, we're already using these abilities, but unconsciously, and the results reflect that. The first part of the book covers energy and chakras. Next are some training exercises. I've tried the first two, grounding, and calling back your energy. They both have noticeable effects in my experience. The third section of the book covers how to do readings and some associated issues like ethics and business.

I recommend the book to everyone reading this blog, even if you don't plan to do readings for others. Just being able to do this for yourself should make a huge difference in your life. Like I said, I'm trying it myself, and I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

No comments: