Saturday, March 1, 2008

Book Review: Suddenly Psychic

I have used the phrase "recovering materialist" often in my prior posts, but I haven't said anything about what we can expect to experience along the road to recovery. That is because I honestly didn't know. I still don't know for sure, but in Suddenly Psychic: A Skeptic's Journey by Maureen Caudill we have Ms.Caudill's account of what recovery is like. The book details Ms. Caudill's experiences with the Gateway Voyage program at the Monroe Institute (see Hemi-Sync for more details). Each chapter of the book recounts a particular incident at the institute, combined with commentary on the supporting science. Examples of topics that are covered include remote viewing, remote healing, spirit guides and more.

I visited the Hemi-Sync website and their materials are expensive (up to $99 for a single CD), so I haven't tried any yet. I do recommend the book, however as an inspirational example for the rest of us.

No comments: